Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Simple Questions

After my quiet time this morning, I found myself reading a few favorite blogs instead of writing a paper for school.  I had seen this challenge several times before, but, as a newlywed, it really hit me.  Instead of always wondering how to please your loved ones, talk to them.  This specific article challenged readers to find out what makes their husbands, children, etc feel loved.

How simple is that?  Yet, how often do we forget to ask what it is that they need?

I know that I have only been married a little over two months, but I thought it would be important to ask Mr. Ketchup this question now, write down his answer, and make an effort to do at least one thing each day.  Hopefully I will make it a practice to ask him frequently, as his answer may change.

Well...what was his response today?  He knows that I love him when...
  • I greet him at the door when he gets home from work
  • I come to him (randomly) and hug him
  • I say "I love you" before he says it
Each and every one of those things is extremely simple and doable.  Yet, each and every one of those things uplifts my husband and shows him love in the ways he needs it.

And speaking of showing him love, we are having steak for dinner (which I found on sale!).  I found a recipe for Steak Dijionaise at the Mom, What's For Dinner? blog.  Score for finding some delicious gluten-free meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment