Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Prescription

I have been wearing my glasses a lot over the past week.  Grad school, writing papers, and staring at computers will do that to you.

I took off my glasses to put some lotion on my face this morning.  Panic mode quickly ensued.  You see, I'm not the common-sense, practical person that I may initially appear to be.  Did I take my glasses off in the bathroom where I was putting on the lotion?  Nope...I left them somewhere in the bedroom.

No big deal right?  Tell that to my eyes who probably couldn't even distinguish the frames from a shoe.  I frantically searched for a lifetime few minutes before I found them on the bed.  I blame the lack of common-sense on my grad-school-burnt-out-brain.

I realized that my life has been a lot like this lately.  Even two weeks ago, I was in a blurry fog.  I was emotional, irritable, and found it hard to concentrate or remember things.  I finally decided to take charge of my life and find some glasses.

What's my prescription?
Daily personal time with the Lord.  Routines.  Healthy eating.

Even Mr. Ketchup has noticed a difference in me.

Or maybe he is just saying that so I will keep making yummy chocolate pudding (dairy/gluten free!  recipe here)...

P.S.  I didn't have all the ingredients for the recipe, so I just used 2 avocados, honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.  This is how I will survive my new healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment